Tuesday 13 December 2011

Baking Day

 
Wow, what a day today!  I literally spent the entire day in the kitchen, it was fabulous!  This morning in Sydney's preschool class, me and another Mom volunteered to make latkes for the kid's Hannukah party which is happening this week.  It was so fun, we chopped and grated, fried and flipped all the while laughing and chatting and enjoying watching the kids happily playing in class.


The latkes were delicious!  We let the kids have a little taste of them today, they gobbled them down!  Sydney especially loved hers and asked for more, I think it has inspired me to make a batch for her.  They are super simple to make, very basic ingredients, but oh so delicious!


This afternoon I was planning to head out to deliver some Christmas gifts but we had a little plumbing issue at the house so I had to stay home.  My Mother's helper, Eryn, came over to play with Syd so I decided to do all my baking for the gift bags that I am putting together for my Mom friends.  I did a marathon baking session, in three hours made seven things: Whipped Shortbread, Peppermint Bark, Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Bark, Chocolate Pecan Fudge, Haystacks, Noodle Stacks and Peanut Brittle.  I divided everything into little baggies and then filled a tin for each Mom with the various different goodies.  It turned out great!


Tomorrow Eryn is coming by again in the morning and we will spend a couple of hours driving around delivering gifts, it will be great fun!


So it was a great day spent in the kitchen, I so enjoyed having the chance to make the latkes and to bake some festive goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment