Sunday 1 February 2015

Our Weekend

Well if my weary bones are any indication of a good and busy weekend, then we certainly had a good one! 

Here's what we got up to:

Baking Day


I spent the morning on Friday while Syd was at school doing some baking.  I really do love to bake and all the more when I have the time and can enjoy the process.

I baked a banana chocolate chip loaf as a hostess gift for our friends Seema and Izzie.  Sydney and I spent a great afternoon on Friday playing and visiting with them after school.


I also made challah which we enjoyed with yet another beautiful family Shabbat dinner together.


And an apple blackberry crisp which was dessert for said dinner.


We were up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning to head off to Mount Seymour for Sydney's second ski lesson of the season. 

Getting up so early does have it's advantages, we got to watch this gorgeous sunrise from the top of the mountains, it was stunning!


Syd had another fun lesson with her favourite instructor, Emma. 






I loved watching them ride the conveyor back up the bunny hill.






Saturday afternoon we had riding lessons, Syd rode Teddy again which she was pretty stoked about.


On Saturday evening I joined my sister and Eli and brother and Stephanie for dinner out for Dine out Vancouver.  We tried a Peruvian tapas restaurant called Chicha, it was delicious and such fun visiting and catching up.





We spent a nice Sunday together as a family after a very busy couple of days.  I met up with two moms from Syd's school for an early morning training run at Jericho Beach, it's fast becoming my favourite way to start the week!



Before I left for my run I made Paul a special Sunday morning breakfast, lox and bagels, yum!





We snuggled up on the couch mid afternoon to watch the Superbowl, sadly Seattle lost but it really was a great game.






Syd was thrilled to see Katy Perry perform at the half time show, she came out riding on a giant tiger and sang Syd's all time favourite song 'Roar'.  It was pretty awesome watching Syd sing and dance along!



Syd has been really into building these days with her Magformers, she made some pretty cool creations while we were watching the game.



It was a good and full weekend, looking forward to a restful night's sleep for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment