Saturday 21 February 2015

February Beauty


As I sit here at my desk writing this post the sun is streaming down on me from a perfectly blue sky.  I can see cherry blossoms lightly dancing in the breeze on the trees that line our street.  It feels like the perfect Saturday in late May.  Except it's February 21st....amazing! 


We have had the most unseasonably warm weather this month that has caused the earliest bloom that I can remember since I've moved to Vancouver!  Everywhere we look there are cherry blossoms, daffodils, crocuses and camelias in bloom.  It is incredible.  Although this means that Sydney's ski lessons for the season have been cut short because all the snow has melted on the mountains, we are not complaining about this beautiful, warm weather!

Sydney and I took a walk today in search of 'February Beauty' and we didn't have to look hard to find it!

Here's some of the sights on our block today:













Sydney picked me a bouquet of the pink Camelias from our front yard last Sunday and they have been sitting in a bowl in our front foyer ever since, such a nice reminder of spring that is just around the corner.



Hoping spring comes quickly wherever you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment