Tuesday 24 February 2015

My Little Photographer

Since starting this blog way back in 2011 I have definitely taken a more noted interest in photography as I try to capture our life on film as best as I can.  Sydney has often been my model during these photo sessions but over time something amazing happened and she ended up on the other end of the camera.

I eventually gave her an old digital point and shoot camera of mine which she has proudly claimed as her own and she now absolutely loves taking pictures of her own! 

We recently did a massive upload of all of her photos to our home computer and I absolutely loved looking through them to see all of the shots that she had taken.  It was so neat to see the chronological order of the photos starting way back in September with Rosh Hashanah, through the fall with Halloween and her birthday, into Hanukkah and our Hawaiian vacation and then on into the new year and Valentine's Day.

I love seeing the simple things that are so meaningful to her:

Her Elsa Shoes

Her Playmobil Ambulance

She loves receiving and giving cards

Her Hello Kitty thermos

Hanukkah decorations

One of her favourite stuffies


I was totally amazed at a few of the shots that Sydney got that were absolutely incredible photographically, great lighting, composition and angles all at the hands of a five year old!










Some photos are just downright funny

Oh the selfies....

Brussell Sprouts in a bowl!

Her dangling feet off the stroller on a walk in Hawaii

Mommy's glass of wine

She loves seeing her name out in the world

Sydney has always loved nature as evidenced by these great shots of hers too:







Enjoying my little photographer these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment