Thursday 27 March 2014

Days Flying By


Oh my where have the past few days gone?  I don't know if it's just me, but it feels as though after we change the clocks in the spring that we not only lose an hour, but days at a time! 

It is definitely looking like spring in Vancouver.  Cherry blossoms are bursting everywhere, it's gorgeous and makes for some amazing Claritin days for me....the joys of hayfever season!







Took this shot of my sister's Magnolia tree yesterday while we were out having a visit, gorgeous! 




My sister and her family just returned from a week long cruise to Mexico and brought Sydney back a little stuffed Koala from the San Diego zoo where they visited before boarding their ship.






Syd has been loving this milder weather and being able to play at the park with more regularity again.



This past weekend we celebrated Sydney's friend Sophia's 4th birthday along with her entire preschool class.  The party was held at UBC gymnastics, it was such a pleasure to watch all the children play and laugh and enjoy themselves together.





Sophia's Mom makes the most amazing cakes and this year she made one based on the movie Frozen.  It was divine!


Not to mention the handmade sugar cookies and homemade marshmallows that literally melted in your mouth...yum!





Sydney came home from school this week with the most adorable hand drawn plates for the third year in a row.  I love seeing how her art has progressed year over year.






My heart melted when I saw that she had written "I love you Jen" on each of her plates.  She told me she wrote it so that she would remember how much she loved Jen when she was in Kindergarten....sniff, sniff!


Syd and I took some time to make some cookies this afternoon.  I love how Syd pulled out all the sprinkles that I had in my baking cupboard and lovingly decorated each one!







I've been spending a fair amount of time this week helping my friend Michelle move into her lovely new garden apartment.  We took the final load over to her new place this morning and she gave me a little gift on the way home, a beautiful new tea cup from David's Tea.  I savoured a cup of tea this afternoon in my very special new cup.






Syd pulled out her new guitar this afternoon and played a few songs for me singing at the top of her lungs all the while, so so cute!


It's been a good week, I can feel myself coming alive as spring is upon us!




No comments:

Post a Comment