Monday 7 April 2014

Erin's 40th


I have written many times before about my precious group of Dunbar Mommas that I met way back when Syd was a newborn at the community centre while listening to the public health nurse prattle on about what seemed like common sense.  How ironic that from something I felt I didn't need to attend, came some of the most dear and precious friendships of my life.

Erin is Mom to Bea, who is Sydney's age, and baby Henry.  Last week she turned 40 and we decided to ring in her milestone birthday with a Champagne brunch which I hosted yesterday afternoon.


Just to give you an idea of what an incredibly selfless and loving person Erin is, here is a picture of the beautiful basket of spring flowers that she brought for me to thank me for hosting her own birthday party!  Sweetness beyond words!



Syd just couldn't decide where the beautiful basket should go!

We enjoyed mimosas and a fantastic brunch together along with a beautiful chocolate angel food cake, lovingly made by our friend Sally, for dessert.


Each of the Moms took home a box of Cupcakes to share with their families as a takeaway from the party.


Erin mentioned a few months back that she had always had a desire to learn quilting, so we decided that for her 40th we would purchase her a membership in the Vancouver Quilters Guild so that she could learn a new craft and fulfill a lifelong desire.


She was moved to tears when she opened the card (handmade by Liz to look like a quilt, we have a talented group I tell ya) and read about the quilting membership.  I can't wait to see one of her creations in the months to come.

It was such a special afternoon of celebrating Erin, who she is and what she means to us both individually and as a group.

Happy 40th Erin, may this be the beginning of a beautiful decade ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment