Saturday 12 November 2011

Circle Craft


This morning I took a couple of hours on my own and headed to the Circle Craft Market downtown at the new convention centre.  I have been going to this craft fair for years, it happens but once a year in November, so I had been looking forward to it for many months!

I feel as though this event gets more spectacular every year!  It was so festive with lit Christmas trees, ballet dance performances, blown glass demonstrations and almost three hundred artisans all set up with the most amazing booths.  You could literally get anything from pottery and knitting to candy and clothing, all hand made and truly one of a kind.  I love having the chance to meet with the artists and chat with them about their creations and have gotten to know a couple of them over the years as I've purchased things from them year after year.

One of the jewellery designers that I absolutely love is Chi's Creations.  This year I bought two pieces for myself from her, this lovely pair of drop earrings and a gorgeous hammered gold twisted ring.  I am so excited to have a couple of new pieces of jewellery for myself and will look forward to wearing them over the holiday season for some special occasions.

 
Each year for the past several years, I have gotten a piece of pottery for myself from L'Atelier de Poterie, handmade pottery by M & JM Claret.  I am getting a nice collection of their speckled blue line and decided to blow the birthday money that my parents had sent me this year on this beautiful teapot and mugs:



Can't wait to have a friend over for tea to try it out!  The potter tells me that her teapots are guaranteed to be drip-free!

I couldn't resist getting a couple more pieces for my collection too, so picked up this garlic keeper and baguette serving tray as well, I love them!


I also got these beautiful hand painted cards made by artist Bob Harrold from Westbank, BC.  Each one is unique and so beautifully painted in water colours!


While I was out enjoying the craft fair, Paul took Sydney to his Mom's house so that Syd could have a little visit with her Bubbie.  They came home with a very special present for Syd from Emma, the very sweet lady who lives with Paul's Mom.  She wrote Sydney the sweetest card, inside it said: "We love you Princess Sydney!", adorable!


Sydney was thrilled to get these "babies", as she calls them!  She kept pointing to them and saying Emma's name, trying to tell me that she had given them to her.  She couldn't have chosen a more perfect gift for Sydney right now as she is so into being a Mommy to her own babies, it's very cute! 

It was a lovely morning, I always feel that the Circle Craft Market signals the beginning of the holiday season so I left feeling very festive and cheery.  It was a warm pick-me-up on a very dreary, rainy and cold day in Vancouver.  I couldn't have thought of a better place to be today!

No comments:

Post a Comment