Tuesday 27 May 2014

May Days


I am really loving the rhythm of our days lately.  It has been pleasantly busy, not run off our feet, not sitting around wondering what to do, but just enough of everything going on in a week to make it hum by smoothly.

Paul and I have been loving having an evening together at least once a week while Alexa, our summer nanny, has been watching Syd.  Sydney and Alexa are enjoying their usual summer fare, painting shirts with fabric paint, having picnics in the backyard, riding Syd's bike to the park to play.  It feels like summer with a little bit of school left.

And speaking of which, the countdown is on for the last few precious weeks of preschool for Sydney.  I am largely in denial that Syd will no longer be going to this magical place on a daily basis to see her beloved classmates and teachers, Jen and Carmen.

Plans are busily being made for the month of June, one last brunch, let's squeeze in a parent dinner, can we do a sports day again?, what about graduation?  Maybe if I stay busy enough I won't notice that my heart is slowly breaking over having to say goodbye to this chapter of Sydney (and my!) life.  I wish these last few weeks together could last forever!

The other day when I arrived at school to pick Sydney up I found her and her classmates cuddled up on a blanket outside having a picnic lunch in the sun!  Syd is, of course, sitting right next to her sweet Jen. Love it!






Syd and I took a little trip to the Lego store the other day where she merrily filled her own bin with Lego bricks of all shapes and colours to take home.








I love watching her build and create with it!


Sydney's preschool class went on a field trip this week to the Louis Brier seniors home to share Shabbat together.  It was such a special time for the seniors and the kids alike.  Each of the children took turns sharing a special song before we lit the candles and did the blessings.





This past weekend we had the pleasure of joining in two birthday celebrations.  Sydney's buddy Kaitlyn turned 4 and had all of her Dunbar buddies to the Rocky Mountain Pizza Co. for a 'make your own pizza' party.













The kids so enjoyed being able to roll their own dough and put whatever toppings they wanted on their pizza before it went into the big oven!


Then we had the pleasure of celebrating both Weston and Gwendolyn's birthdays together at the Kerrisdale Community Centre for a playtime and lunch!






We enjoyed a beautiful, sunny afternoon with Sydney's friend Emma on Monday.  The girls decided that they wanted to take their babies for a walk down the street in their strollers:






Stopping to smell the roses of course!



Then we headed off to riding lessons.  Sydney enjoyed a road walk atop of Teddy.







We stopped at Menchie's for a little treat after riding.






Sydney and I took a little walk through the neighborhood this afternoon.  She decided she was going to collect both branches and flower blossoms today and brought them home.  I love that she quickly set about scotch taping each flower blossom to her branch on the front porch!






I have been trying to stretch myself with cooking these days and try some new recipes and some old ones that haven't seen my kitchen in years!

I made a delicious batch of crispy oven baked zucchini chips today, they were both healthy and tasted amazing!





Click here for the recipe.


We will bid adieu to May in a few short days.  I am willing the time to slow down!!  Happy May Days!






No comments:

Post a Comment