Thursday 3 October 2013

Retail Therapy


So weeks ago I had today booked off to go to the states to find some office clothes before I started my new job.  My friend Amanda, who was meant to watch Syd on Thursdays when I was working, had offered to take Syd for the afternoon today.  I was going to cancel my shopping day when I found out about not being able to head back after all but decided that a little cross border shopping might be just what I needed to perk me up.

Nothing like a wander through the aisles of Target to make you forget your troubles.  Man, this store makes me happy in the most sincere way.  At every new turn, the baking aisle, the scrapbooking section, the cosmetics, the fun kids bandaids, the clothes, it all beckons you to chuck it in your basket and take it home with you.

Today they were especially decked out with all their Halloween stuff so I got some super fun stuff to help us celebrate the big day.



Including this special Halloween edition Kraft Dinner, Syd was thrilled!


I was pretty proud of myself at how efficient I was, I hit up a ton of stores and even came home with a few things for myself, a dress, some new earrings and a necklace and a beautiful new orange Ralph Lauren tote which I love.




As I was driving home with my car stuffed full of fun new things I have to admit, I was starting to feel a bit better.

Syd had a blast with Amanda, went to gymnastics with Addi and then hung out at home and had a snack before I came to get her.

On the way home Christina e-mailed to say that she and Jack were at the park so we stopped by and had a quick play with them and Lori, Weston and Gwen.  I love how both girls just jumped in to comfort me immediately.  They are such wonderful friends, I truly am blessed to have them in my life!

The drive to and from the states was great time to be a bit reflective and think about what my life, and schedule, are going to look like going forward now that work is out of the picture.  I thought through some plans, tossed around ideas and just spent some time dreaming.  Am feeling more hopeful that the days ahead will be filled with enough.  And now if you'll excuse me, I have a new handbag to fill!



No comments:

Post a Comment