Wednesday 2 May 2012

Skyline




Today's photo of the day is meant to be inspired by the word skyline.  I smiled when I saw the word this morning, as Vancouver's skyline is one of my favourite things in the city!  I started thinking about all of my most favourite spots where one can get a fabulous view of the downtown skyline and where I would visit today to get some great pictures.


So this morning after Syd's art class, I took a drive down to Spanish Banks and jumped quickly out of the car in between rain showers to get a few shots of downtown over the beautiful beach and ocean.  It is one of the best spots in Vancouver for a backdrop for photos, if it was a nicer day I would have taken Syd out of the car and done a mini photo shoot with her!



Sydney got to bring home another completed canvas from art class today.  It was supposed to be a bunny for spring time, but ended up looking like a fluffy fat cat, I love it!  I think I may get it framed to match the bumblebee masterpiece already hanging in her playroom!


This past weekend we had our friends Mike and Sarah over for dinner with their little girl Emma, Sydney's best friend.  We love spending time with Mike and Sarah, they are a fun couple to hang out with!  Sarah brought me some lovely gourmet salts from the Sea to Sky Salt Company along with a beautiful bottle of Cotes du Rhone!



Syd got a special present from Emma too, a Dora the Explorer ring.  Syd is a big Dora fan.  In fact, while we were in the states on the weekend, we had to buy two boxes of Dora bandaids at Target just for Syd!  She decided that she couldn't leave without a box of Hello Kitty ones too.  We are so stocked up for any boo-boos that happen over the next while.  Sydney still has yet to figure out the difference between a bandaid and a sticker, so we may be through all three boxes before she ever gets the chance to legitimately need one!


I unpacked all of Sydney's new summer clothes from our shopping trip to Seattle this morning and she helped me put them away in her dresser and closet.  Here are a few of our favourite things.  I can't help but buy cupcake themed things these days as I am planning a cupcake theme party for her 3rd birthday in November and have been brainstorming about it for months already!










My little girl is exactly two and a half years old today.  It's amazing how quickly the time has gone and yet I can hardly remember what life was like before I had her.  Happy 30 month birthday Syd!  Love you!

That's it for this Wednesday, hope you had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment