Sunday 6 May 2012

Happy Birthday Weston & Ollie!


 
This afternoon Sydney, Paul and I went to a joint birthday party for two of Sydney's buddies, Weston and Oliver.  These boys were born just a couple of weeks apart from each other and both love trains and, more specifically, Thomas, so their Moms did a full blown Thomas theme party for the kids today!

The party was at the Creekside Community Centre which is in the new Olympic Village on False Creek.  It is such a great venue, so spacious and with beautiful huge windows overlooking the water.  The kids played so nicely in the gym on the equipment together, it was almost a calm and serene time, not exactly how you envision a two year old's party!

Piece of Cake Creations, who made Sydney's ladybug birthday cake last November, made the cakes for Ollie and Weston's party.  She did two Thomas trains, they were super cute!!


Weston's Mom, Lori, made some very sweet train cookies too, each hand decorated with the number 2!


The food was amazing!  Sally and Allan, Ollie's parents, hit up Costco today and put out a delicious spread of food for everyone!  It was so cute seeing the kids reach up over the table to help themselves to whatever was in the bowls!  Syd had more than her fair share of Cheetos!


Weston decided that he wanted to have a few snacks off of Sydney's plate today so he sneaked by to get a few bites....so cute!


We came home from the party with a huge helium Thomas balloon and a loot bag filled with all Thomas fare, stickers, a stamp, a ring and a Thomas car for our train table!  Sydney got Jack the front loader, we are so looking forward to playing with him and our other trains, he is our first official Thomas train!


We also got a beautifully decorated cookie by Sonia at Sugary Sweet Things, a train with both of the boys names on it, it was not only beautiful but delicious!


What a fun afternoon it was!  It was such a beautiful day today that after the party was over, Paul, Syd and I walked along the seawall for a while and enjoyed the weather and the view!  What a great area!

Today's word for the Photo a Day for the Month of May is "Me".  By the time I thought to get a picture of myself for the blog today, I was looking rather wilted from my day and wasn't feeling too photogenic, so I thought I'd take a picture of a 30+ year old photo of myself with my brother and sister that I discovered the other day when I was going through some old papers.

I'm the sweet little thing on the right hand side, good memories!



No comments:

Post a Comment