Thursday 17 May 2012

Grandma's Here!



What a special day today was as my Mom arrived today to stay for a week's visit.  Syd was so excited to have Grandma come, we'd been talking about it for a week and it was too cute watching her run around the house excitedly telling Daddy that she was going to the airport to get Grandma!

I took Mom's visit as an opportunity to freshen up the linens in our guest room.  Sydney and I unpacked all the new stuff this morning and put it together on the bed, I really liked the end result!  Even put a few fresh matching red tulips in her room just to add a little bit of spring to the space!


We headed straight out for dinner at the Whitespot after getting Mom from the airport.  Sydney insisted on going there as she has decided they have the best macaroni.  It was cute to see her sitting in her little booster seat across the table from Grandma, I think she loved having dinner with the girls!

Grandma always brings such great gifts for Sydney when she visits.  Today she totally hit the nail on the head and brought Sydney a ladybug pinwheel!!  Sydney loves both ladybugs and pinwheels so this was a doubly good gift for her!  She had such fun playing with it in the backyard and deciding where she was going to stick it!  Very cute!


It is so lovely to have my Mom here, I wish she was here all the time.  I love her company and having someone around who loves Syd as much, if not more, than I do!  Makes everyone feel good all around!

The photo of the day for today is snack.  Here was our afternoon snack today:


We love popcorn around here and often, late in the afternoon if Syd isn't wanting to nap, we'll make a bowl of popcorn and turn on Sesame Street and have a little snuggle on the couch.  It's awesome!

Looking forward to a great visit with my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment