Sunday 15 April 2012

Some Time With My Honey


This afternoon my Mother's Helper, Nadine, came over for three whole hours to watch Sydney so that Paul and I could spend some much needed time together.  I was a bit worried that Syd was going to act up when both Paul and I left, but she didn't even flinch when we walked out the door.  She was far too excited to get downstairs to her playroom so that she and Nadine could have a tea party and eat one of the special cookies that I told her she could have for the occasion!

Paul and I were olympic walkers before Syd was born.  We would literally walk for hours and hours a week for exercise, we especially loved being down by the ocean and along the beaches.  When Syd was a baby, it was pretty easy to continue our walks as she was happy to be bobbing along in her stroller for hours on end, but since she's become mobile her tolerance for stroller time has diminished considerably!


So this afternoon, while we had the chance, and the weather was great, we went for a long walk along Point Grey Road.  It felt so great to get some exercise and to be able to have a completely uninterrupted conversation together.  Ah, the little things in a relationship....We walked for a full two hours and still had an hour to sit and have a coffee and share one of Vancouver's most amazing cinnamon buns at Grounds for Coffee.


It was a lovely afternoon together and Sydney had just the best time ever with Nadine too.  It was great for everyone!  I came back feeling like a new woman and so glad to have the chance for Paul and I to reconnect.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment