Monday 2 April 2012

A New Week





I don't know if it's all the flowers blooming outside, or the fact that the weather is notably warmer and less wintry, but it feels like everything is new right now.  I woke up this morning to a new week, a new month, a new blank slate to fill with my girl, and I love it!  These days with her are precious indeed and I don't intend on wasting one of them!


Early this morning, while we were still in our pajamas, Sydney and I whipped up a batch of our famous Avocado Chocolate Pudding.  This amazing raw food recipe uses two very ripe avocados as it's base and is healthy and delicious!  We had fun dipping fruit in it and eating it for a morning snack.



We headed off to gymnastics this morning.  Our friends Jack and Christina coincidentally signed up for the same class as us, so we were thrilled to see them there.  It's always so much more fun going to an activity when Syd has a friend there!  After gymnastics, we all went to Kokopelli Cafe on Dunbar for lunch.  Kokopelli is famous around our neighborhood for being THE place to eat with your kids.  When Syd was first born, I used to go there all the time to meet up with other Moms but over the past year or so we've found several other haunts to frequent in our neighborhood.


I was so thrilled to get reacquainted with Kokopelli today.  Not only do they have the most kid-friendly menu I've ever seen, they also have an amazing play area and have delicious and healthy food for adults too and great coffee!  Sydney and Jack played happily while Christina and I visited.  I sat wondering what took me so long to get there, Syd and I will be back in the days to come for sure!!  If you have kids and live in Vancouver and haven't been here, get in the car and go!


This afternoon while I had my Mother's Helper Eryn here, I decided that we should head out and do a grocery shop at the brand new No-Frills that has opened up in Kitsilano.  What a great place to shop, the prices are super cheap, they carry a great assortment of President's Choice blue label items and it's clean and spacious!  Syd was literally racing up and down every aisle chucking things into my basket faster than we could put them back.  I was so grateful to have Eryn with me to be an extra set of hands!


So that was the start of a new week.  Syd has this week and next off of preschool for the Passover which begins on Friday, so we plan to spend the morning tomorrow baking together in lieu of school.  Should be a great way to spend a day with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment