Saturday 3 March 2012

Weekend Fun

 

What a fun-filled weekend it's been already and it's only Saturday!  Last night my cousin Melanie and I went out for dinner together at the new Crossroads Milestones Grill & Bar at Broadway and Cambie.  Before Sydney was born, Melanie and I used to do a once-a-month "date" where we would get together and go out for a lovely dinner or do something fun together.  It's been hard to keep this up since Syd's been born, but we're going to try to do it a bit more frequently going forward.

It was so fun to get together and have a lovely dinner and a few drinks.  The restaurant was great, super service and atmosphere and very yummy food!  We shared this very cool dessert, five shot glasses filled with their five best desserts!  Just perfect, a little bite of each and oh so delicious!


Melanie looked so amazing all dressed up for dinner, I just had to get a shot of her in her new little black dress and boots!


This morning Syd and I got up early and headed off to West Point Grey Community Centre for the first swap meet of the season.  I have to admit, that I have a wealth of toys and clothes for Syd right now, so, unlike other times at the swap meets, I was looking for some very specific items.  Something I was really hoping to find was a collection of wooden Thomas trains to add to her train set and new train table.  We didn't have any luck finding any this morning but came away with a few fun things for Syd:

This wooden Melissa and Doug clock puzzle:


Sponge Bob Sweatpants PJ's!


A Mom and Me Baking Set:


And a "One Stop" organizer for Mom, should come in handy!


It was great to get out to a swap meet and fun to take Syd with me as well and get a few new things!  Will look forward to hitting up a few more this season as they happen!

Tonight we headed to our friend Sarah and Mike's house for dinner.  We so enjoy spending time with them, they are such a fun couple and their daughter Emma and Sydney get along so well, it's great!  Sarah is an amazing cook, tonight she made a batch of her famous hummous for an appetizer especially for me because she knows I love it so much:


The main course was homemade canneloni, everything was made from scratch including the pasta and tomato sauce!


And a delicious salad in their very cool new wooden salad bowl which I fell in love with the minute I saw it!


For dessert she made the most incredible homemade chocolate mousse which was so rich and decadent!  She was sweet enough to send some of it home, along with some hummous for Paul and I to enjoy later!


Sarah also loaned me a book to read, "Committed" by Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of "Eat, Pray, Love."  I so enjoyed this book and am excited to dive into this new one which is the sequel to her first novel!


So all in all it's been a great weekend filled with lots of friends and fun, we've had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment