Thursday 1 March 2012

March


Welcome March!  I woke up this morning to daylight for the first time in what felt like months, and felt like a new woman.  The sun was streaming through my windows and I quite literally felt the fog lift! Winter, it seems, is behind us, the days are getting longer, and somehow all seemed right with the world!!  I do love the month of March in Vancouver, it is, often, in like a lion and out like a lamb as they say, but by the end of the month things are fully in bloom and it gives way to the most amazing spring season. 

Today was a beautifully straightforward day, nothing out of the ordinary, but had a perfect rhythm to it.  Here's a snapshot of how our day looked:

While Sydney was in school, I spent my usual hour and a half at Oakridge CentreGymboree has the most adorable pajamas in spring colours on sale so I got Sydney a couple of pairs today, one with the cutest bumble bees and the other with butterflies.  Syd has been trying desperately to dress herself for the past few weeks and has finally mastered getting her own socks and pants on!  She was most excited to pull these pajama pants on by herself today!


While at Oakridge, I took a minute to stop and look at their new Tiffany& Co. store.  Every year, when we are in Maui, Paul buys me one piece from Tiffany, so I have amassed quite the collection over the years!   One year for my birthday, my very sweet bosses at Mackenzie got me a pair of earrings from the Somerset collection to match the ring that Paul had bought me the year before.  I love these earrings and wore them so much until they were looking dull and dingy.  Today, I finally got around to taking them to Tiffany's for a professional cleaning.  They look so beautiful, like brand new!  I can't wait to start wearing them again!


I also picked up a little hostess gift for our friends Mike and Sarah who are having us for dinner this weekend.  I am in love with David's Tea, as is Sarah, so I got her a tin of the new Fantasy Island blend in a very cool new pink coloured tin, along with a pair of bubble teacups. 


My friend Lori stopped by this afternoon to drop off her steamer that she is graciously letting me borrow to see if I can't get a stain out of the carpet on our stairs.  This green bad boy uses only water, no harsh chemicals, to steam away dirt and grime from an amazing variety of surfaces.  It will be fun to fire it up tomorrow to see how it works!!


 
That was our Thursday, hope you had a fabulous day, wherever you are, and that signs of spring are all around you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment