Monday 27 April 2015

A Week in April


My days have been filled with making lots of plans lately, a weekend getaway to Whistler, a summer trip to Suncadia, getaway with Grandma and Auntie and planning my 'runcation' in September to mark my 40th birthday.  It feels good to flip through the pages of my daytimer and feel excited about things to come. 

I spent my morning today meeting with an interior designer that my friend Erin recommended to me.  She was such a lovely lady and I really felt that she is exactly what I need to get me motivated to get cracking on some home improvement projects that are long overdue.  I'm feeling hopeful about the prospect of getting some things done over the next few months.

We had a full and busy week this past week.  Sydney and I continue to enjoy watching everything come into bloom in our own garden and all around us.

This amazing tree bloomed in our backyard this past week, it is in it's full glory right now:



And of course the lilacs, a full three weeks ahead of schedule are out in full bloom:




Love, love them. I have had a bouquet in my kitchen for days and never grow tired of the most amazing, fragrant smell!

This past Friday I had the pleasure of hosting a birthday dinner for my dear friend Sally with our precious group of Dunbar Moms.  We decided on a Mexican theme as Sally loves Mexican food.  My friend Erin dropped a box of fun Mexican items off to me and I had such fun decorating and making a lovely Mexican feast!




The girls loved the meal and stayed until the wee hours of the night laughing and visiting.  I loved every minute of it and it left me thinking that I really should host more of these events, such fun times!

The very next morning we had the pleasure of celebrating Ollie's 5th birthday at Science World.  What a fun party!  The kids got to see live bugs and learn all about them and then launch bottle rockets off before enjoying lunch and cake.


We have been busy going through the contents of Paul's Mom's house before it goes on the market later this week.  This weekend we brought over her beautiful sideboard which now graces our front foyer.


It is a wonderful addition to our home and we love it!

It is hard to believe that April is almost behind us and that in six short weeks Sydney will be finished Kindergarten.  Time is definitely moving faster than it ever has before and I'm working harder and harder at trying to hold onto and savour every last minute with my sweet girl as she grows up before my eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment