Friday 25 January 2013

Special Delivery


Yesterday morning while Sydney was at school I met up with my friend Mandy for coffee at Thomas Haas.  Thomas is Vancouver's most famous chocolatier, so it didn't feel quite right just having an ordinary cup of joe there, so I opted for the most decadent hot chocolate I have ever had in my life!  It was like drinking a chocolate fondue....so delicious!





Mandy is very sweet and always brings a little something for Sydney whenever we get together.  This time she brought a belated Christmas present for her.  Syd was so thrilled to have a gift to open when she got home from school!


Mandy gave her some new colouring books, a fresh box of crayons and a hairband making kit which Syd was most excited about!


She and I put the hairbands together right away and she sported that flowery wonder for the rest of the day, it was great!


Then we decided to check the mailbox and found the most lovely surprise inside, a parcel from Grandma addressed directly to Sydney!

I have written before about Sydney's love of getting mail.  Every day when we get home from school she literally sprints to the mailbox at the front of the house to check and see what we got for mail that day.  She was so thrilled to be getting so many cards and pictures around Christmas time from everyone and I have to admit that for the past few weeks the mailbox has been filled with mostly junk mail, bills and the odd parcel of clothing from my January online shop-a-thon!

So you can imagine how thrilled she was to get her very own parcel in the mail!  Inside my Mom sent the most beautiful hand made yellow sun dress, doll blanket and fabric library bag for Sydney along with a puzzle book and a little notepad.



Almost everything in the parcel was kitten themed, Syd thought it was so great!

She worked on the puzzles that came with the book all afternoon and with a little help from Mommy, got them all together!



I can't wait to see her in that sweet sundress!

It really made our day to have a couple of surprise gifts to unpack.  What a wonderful way to brighten a cold and rainy January day!

No comments:

Post a Comment