Monday 24 September 2012

Yoga Day



Today was a yoga filled day!  It was actually a very relaxing and peaceful way to start the week, I may have to designate Monday as my official yoga day going forward!

I haven't been to a yoga class on my own since I was pregnant with Sydney.  I found the most amazing little yoga studio just blocks from our house that offered prenatal yoga and absolutely loved their classes.  I have been dreaming ever since of getting back into somewhat of a regular yoga practice, so today I decided to take a Hatha class at Semperviva.


The class was 90 minutes long and I spent the first 45 minutes just sorting myself out, learning to relax muscles that refused to co-operate, trying not to let my mind race with thoughts the whole time I was there, remembering poses, and regaining some sense of awareness of my body.  The last half of class was wonderful, I found my groove, relaxed completely and left feeling limber and all zen-like!

With a little time left before I had to pick Sydney up from school, I decided to head to Oakridge and got myself a delicious Creme Brulee tea from Davids and happily sipped away enjoying the calm-as-can-be post yoga vibe, as I strolled through the shops.


Got myself a couple of sweaters for the fall on sale!
 



Sydney had a wonderful day at school.  It was the first day that I left her without her shedding even one tear!  She was so excited to play with the homemade playdough that she and I made and brought to class today that she had no time to think about the fact that I was leaving her there on her own!  It was so awesome leaving her there happy and contented!

Everyday before Sydney gets out of the car to go to preschool, she asks if she can bring her baby doll to school with her.  I tell her that I think it would be best if the baby has a little sleep in the car while she's at school, just so nothing happens to her!  So, Sydney lovingly straps her baby into her own car seat and gives her a kiss before we head into school.  So while I'm driving around while Sydney's in school, this is how it looks in my backseat.  It kind of freaks me out sometimes when I glance into the backseat and this teeny tiny buckled baby catches me off guard!


Sydney has been busy making some beautiful artwork at school lately.  I emptied out her art folder and got to bring home some very sweet pictures today:








This afternoon Sydney and I headed to yet another yoga class together, my friend Christina's Mom and Me yoga.  It was such a fun class, we were so happy to be back for a second term and Sydney was doing tons of downward dogs and trying to keep up with the poses in class, it was so cute!

I am loving how sweet Sydney looks in her new knit poncho, here she is ready to head out the door to yoga class this afternoon:




Got my first birthday card in the mail today from my Mom and Dad along with a cheque to buy myself something special for my birthday.  Am looking forward to buying myself a little something out of the ordinary with my birthday money!


Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment