Thursday 6 September 2012

Whirlwind

Wow, today was a whirlwind day if I've ever had one!  It is almost midnight and I am sitting still for the first time all day, I'm exhausted!

Syd is really digging her playdough these days, here's what she created minutes after waking up today!


Early this morning Sydney and I got up and dressed and went to Bopomo Pictures in Kits for a photo shoot.  Bopomo is an amazing kids photography studio that I have been taking Syd to every six months from the time that she was just a wee babe.  They have such an amazing way with kids there, fantastic props for the pictures and really awesome staff!  Most of my favourite pictures of Sydney were ones that we had taken there!


Sydney was a little shy when we first got there, didn't want any pictures taken at all, but quickly warmed up and we ended up getting some pretty incredible shots in the end!

After we had finished our photo shoot we drove downtown to meet up with our friends Sarah and Emma and Cristine, Emily and Leo at the aquarium.  We had lunch, watched the belugas and penguins and a bit of the dolphin show and enjoyed a visit together.  I really do love the aquarium and find it so neat to see how much Sydney loves it more and more each time we go there. 




On the way out I let Syd pick one special thing to take home with her from the gift shop.  She chose this fish necklace:


Syd fell asleep in the car on the way home from the aquarium so I let her sleep in her car seat while I got a few things done around the house and then jumped in the car while she was still asleep to take her to her first gymnastics class for the fall at Phoenix Gymnastics.  We have had to switch locations to their Millenium gym for this season as the location we were at didn't offer afternoon classes which we now need with Syd in preschool. 


We were so thrilled to see Teacher Brett as our coach today, he's one of our favourite coaches!  We had a fun class in the little Treehouse gym and Syd just loved, as always, jumping on the trampoline!

We stopped for a quick play at the park on the way home:


After gymnastics, it was home for a quick dinner, and then I was off to the parent orientation meeting at Sydney's preschool for the evening.  I was thinking to myself, while driving there, how different it felt going this year over last.  I remember feeling nervous and unsure about so many things last year and this time I felt confident and relaxed and even a little excited! 

It was so fun to see Syd's classroom, meet with the teachers, and see her own precious little cubby where we will hang her coat and leave her stuff every day!  I am excited for this new school year for her, I think she's really going to love it!

So that was our whirlwind day in a nutshell.  I am dreaming about bed and a much quieter day tomorrow right now so will keep it short and sweet tonight.  Hope you had a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment