Friday 22 June 2012

Preschool Picnic





This morning Sydney's preschool hosted a picnic with all of the kids from the Aleph program as one last chance to get together and say goodbye before the summer.

We were greeted with this sign as we came in:


It was a very fun time of connecting with the parents from our class and other classes and finding out which kids will be joining Syd next year in Bet Preschool.


There were craft tables set up all over the classroom, Sydney made this very special crown today:


It was so nice to have one last chance to say goodbye to the teachers, kids and parents.  I think I'm really going to enjoy Sydney's school years going forward.  I love that the classroom of kids fast becomes a family of sorts, it feels like community and makes living in a big city seem a little more like the small town that I'm used to!

After the picnic we headed to my friend Christina's house for brunch with the Dunbar Moms and babes.  Christina is always such a warm and gracious host and made the most amazing corn muffins, banana muffins, granola and yogurt and savoury asparagus bread pudding.  It was delicious!



It's always so fun to see the Moms and get our babes together.  I am so grateful that I took the time to connect with my newborn group at my local community centre, some of my best friends have emerged from this group and I love it!

Sydney and Cousin Mel had a fun time together last night while Paul and I were out at the Night at the Aquarium.  Mel brought Syd some no-spill paint containers, a perfect gift for my little artist!


Sydney has been sleeping up a storm these days, doing epic long naps and going to bed early to boot!  I have the feeling that she is going through a growth spurt right now!  This could mean more shopping for some new and ever bigger clothes for her....;)

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment