Saturday 23 June 2012

Family Dinner


 
Tonight we headed out to my sister's house for a belated birthday celebration for my nephew Zach, who turned 14 at the end of May.  I simply cannot believe that he is 14 years old already!  I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and also remember being a 14 year old myself, vividly!  It doesn't seem like that long ago!  Time is funny that way, my memories are not stored in my heart chronologically.


My sister made a fabulous dinner!  Grilled steaks with prawn skewers, steamed asparagus, fried mushrooms and stuffed baked potatoes.  What a lovely treat!  It literally was raining cats and dogs this evening while we were there, wasn't exactly the backyard barbecue that we were all hoping for!  We had a great time snuggled around the dining room table though!


Liane got Zach a super yummy mango mousse birthday cake for Zach.  Syd loved eating the chocolate sticks on top!


Syd happily played with the Thomas trains that my sister had saved from when my nephew Kenan was just a toddler.   It was so sweet to see her playing with them and remember Kenan doing exactly the same when he was just a wee one!  She loves my sister's cat too, was so sweet patting it while it slept on her bed!


It was a lovely time together visiting as a family!

Earlier today, while we were running our Saturday morning errands we stopped by the art studio to pick up Sydney's last art project that was still wet at the end of class on Wednesday.  She painted a vase on a table and made a clay flower to go inside.  I love the colours!


Hope your Saturday was good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment