Sunday 1 March 2015

This Weekend


Welcome March!  What a way to usher in a new month with yet another few days of spectacular, sunny weather! 

On Friday afternoon after school I had yet to do my practice run for the day so I convinced both Paul and Sydney to come with me down to the water to go for a walk behind me while I ran.  I can't tell you how delighted I was when Sydney told me that she wanted to run with me and then proceeded to keep pace with me for ten straight minutes!  I was so proud of her.  At the end of ten minutes she gasped "I'm tired and my ribs hurt!"  Poor girl had a stitch in her side but bravely walked it off with Daddy while I finished my run.  What a nice way to start our weekend.

Early Saturday morning Sydney and I tagged along with Paul while he went to get his hair cut.  At Syd's request she and I headed to Urban Source so that she could fill a bag to her heart's desire with art supplies to make some 'projects' as she calls them.


She had such fun making a collage using a tin of buttons and beads that she picked up along with some very cool flowers using straws and coffee filters.



We also took a bit of time on Saturday to make up Sydney's Spring Break Bucket List.  I have asked her several times if she would like to take a spring break camp or go away on a trip together and she has responded 'no' to both answering that she just wants to 'hang out with me' for spring break.  Sweet girl!


So we made a wish list of things that she'd like to do locally and roughed them out into the two weeks that she has scheduled off for spring break in March.  I'm actually really looking forward to spending some time with her doing some fun things around town!

On Saturday afternoon we whipped up our annual batch of Cherry Hamantashen for Purim which is coming up this week. 




They turned out great and are so delicious!  I'm hoping to have a few left to give away before Paul and Syd eat them all!

Speaking of making things, I just had to post a picture of this most amazingly decorated cookie that Sydney came home from her friend Beatrice's birthday party with last weekend.  She went to town with the icing, marshmallows and jelly beans!


We got a very special gift from Auntie Elaine last week, a beautiful freshly knit sweater for Sydney in a gorgeous rainbow pattern.  I absolutely love it!!


I have been volunteering in Syd's classroom once a week while the girls learn to play chess and Sydney and I have been having so much fun practicing together at home.  We played a few games this weekend and are honing our skills and learning a lot as we go.


Sydney and Paul picked me the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers this morning while they were out for a walk together.  Sydney arranged it all in a glass for me and surprised me with it when I had gotten home from my Sunday morning run with Angela and Susan.


I also picked myself some of these absolutely beautiful flowers which I have long admired in our back alley.  I have no idea what they are called but they blossom from seemingly dead branches, no leaves or greenery to be seen and are so cool!


This afternoon Sydney and I helped her buddy Aaro usher in his 5th year at a birthday party at Origins Parkour, a fun indoor play space on Main Street.

Sydney had such a blast in the gym, it was so fun watching her roll and jump and tumble.

We have been to every one of Aaro's birthday parties since I met his Momma while we were both pregnant almost six years ago.  It was so special to share this day with him once again!

Sydney came home from the party with a new bright orange water bottle filled with candy!!  Heaven!


What a great weekend it was, looking forward to what the week ahead will bring to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment