Monday 4 August 2014

BC Day Weekend


I feel as though Sydney and I have been powering through this summer, busy having fun and squeezing in any and every memory that we can.  While it has been super fun, I do kind of miss those long leisurely days of summer with her where we had a blank slate to fill and just hung out.

This weekend definitely felt that way to me.  Sydney, Paul and I headed up to Whistler to spend the weekend together.  Three full days with no agenda, just what I had been wishing for!

The weather was amazing!  It was over thirty degrees every day, we soaked up the sun taking walks, playing at the playground, enjoying some great meals and swimming in the pool for hours on end!


Sunday morning brought the Whistler Farmer's Market, always a great place to check out the great local fare.  I had the most amazing homemade perogies for lunch there and drooled over these pies in a jar.  Am thinking I'm going to have to recreate this dessert one day...


The Wanderlust festival was taking place in the village this weekend and we had fun watching all of the outdoor yoga classes and visiting all the displays together.


Sydney's friend Julia and her family were in Whistler this weekend too, coincidentally staying at the same hotel as us so we had fun hanging out with them for a while and Sydney and Julia enjoyed a swim together before we all headed home early this afternoon.

It was a great weekend away as a family, some much needed down time and time together to reconnect and enjoy some beautiful summer days together!


No comments:

Post a Comment