Sunday 31 July 2011

Punch Bowl


Today was a lovely leisurely Sunday with Paul and Sydney.  We woke up this morning and decided to take Syd to the park, she has a new-found love of swings, so I thought it would be a great way to start our day!  On the way home, we walked past our neighbors who were having a fund raising garage sale in support of education for girls in rural China. 

Being a garage sale junkie, I had to stop by, but what really drew us there was the fact that they had a little pony tethered to a tree and Sydney absolutely had to see it! It was adorable, it's name is Sunny and our neighbor Chloe rescued it when it had no home and it now lives in a little barn in her back yard!  She said we could feel free to come by and visit the pony anytime, apparently it's a bit of a hit with the neighborhood kids.  I have the feeling that we'll be stopping by quite a bit now that Sydney know it's there!

Before we said goodbye to Sunny and Chloe, I took a quick peek at their wares and ended up buying this awesome vintage punch bowl set for $5!  I love it!  The shape of the bowl is so cool, I can think of a thousand things to use it for besides punch!  I am having some Moms for tea in a couple of weeks and am thinking that instead of tea, I'll whip up a huge batch of punch and we'll have that instead!  I may even pull out my vintage punch recipe that has ice cream floating on top (remember that from the 70's?)




So we not only made a new friend out of our neighbor and her pony, but also got a great new find to add to my ever-growing kitchen collection!  A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment